Self Selected Activites (AM 9:00-9:45..PM 12:30-1:15) * Cut and Color Table: HEART SHAPES - The children will continue practicing their cutting skills with hearts today. The teacher will have various sizes or hearts pre-cut and she will continue to encourage the children to also cut them. The students can decorate the hearts with stickers, markers, crayons and also glue them together from biggest to smallest, etc.
* Messy Table: RED SHAVING CREAM - We will continue with the red shaving cream today. Children really love the feel of this and love to get messy with something they don't usually do. Again, the teacher will guide the children in writing or drawing messages to each other in the shaving cream. They will also just have fun smooshing, squishing, and spreading the shaving cream around!!
* Creative Art: EASEL PAINTING - Red, white, and pink paint will be at the easel today for the children to explore with!
* Dramatic Play: MAILBOXES - There will be an individual mailbox for each student with their name on it. The teacher will encourage students to make valentines for each other, write letters, draw pictures, etc. and place them in each others boxes. There will be paper, markers, envelopes, stencils, stickers, etc available for them to make letters right in the dramatic play area. It's so much fun to get things from others.
Snack (small groups come at different times to eat during Self-Selected Activities. Unless we are making our snack, then we will eat it during large group.)
* Snack: VALENTINE SUGAR COOKIES - We will be saving our snack time for when our parents come today!! We will get to decorate our own sugar cookies with frosting and fun toppings and eat them with our loved ones!!Large Group (AM 9:50-10:15...PM 1:20-1:45) * Large Group: We will start with the song can, and continue to sing the Valentine and friendship songs we've learned. We'll read a story about love, and discuss how we know our families love us or our friends - what ways do they show us? We'll practice the letter Oo that we learned and continue discussing words that start with 'O'. We will talk about our moms or dads coming and what we will be doing - set up preschool room so it will be ready for parents! *Transition: Practice "I Love You" in sign language. Outside Play (AM 10:15-10:25...PM 1:45-1:55) Small Group (AM 10:30-11:00...PM 2:00-2:30)
* Small Group: PARENTS COME FOR OUR SMALL GROUP TODAY!! We will start small group by playing "Valentine March" as we're waiting for all the parents to show up. Large hearts with numbers or ABC's will be placed on the floor. As the music plays the children and their mom or dad or both will march from heart to heart. When the music stops, so do the people. Each child then tells the number or letter he is standing on. Candy hearts will be passed out for each child that gets it right (parents can help :). We will then go into decorating our Valentine cookies together with our moms or dads and brothers or sisters and of course eating them together!! To end the day we will get to make a valentine craft together. Your child will get to choose to make his own with his own creativity or choose from some of the examples that Miss Chelsea will have available. This should be a lot of fun and a great time to spend one-on-time with your preschooler and let them know you love them on Valentines day!