BUGSMorning Circle (AM 9:00-9:30..PM 12:30-1:00) 1. Song Can 2. Calendar 3. We'll learn about the letter Cc through song, movement, actions, and writing. We'll talk about words that begin with the letter Cc and more!! 4. The teacher will have different photos of bugs and we'll discuss the different characteristics of these insects and bugs. What makes an insect?....3 body parts, 6 legs, and antennae. We will be keeping an insect chart for the unit and each time we learn about a bug, we'll discuss and mark if it is an insect or not. 5. Story - "Bugs" by Nancy Winslow Parker
* Creative Art: BUG MODELS - Playdough will be provided along with pipe cleaners and googly eyes. The teacher will help guide the children to make different bugs and insects that they know about and they will be able to take them home and let them dry.
* Messy Table: DIRT AND WORMS - The table will be filled with dirt and many many live worms and squirt bottles. It is so fun to actually see how worms or other bugs actually live and move. The children will be able to squirt them, hold them, find them in the dirt, count how many they have, watch them wiggle and squirm and so much more!! What fun it is to play with worms.
* Cut and Color Table: BUG-EYED GLASSES - Sections of egg cartons (2 cups each) will be provided, along with pipe cleaners, and markers. Two holes will be cut out for the children to see out of. The teacher will assist the children to put the pipe cleaners throught the holes provided and twist to make ear pieces.
* Dramatic Play: BUG LAB - The children will be able to wear lab coats use magnifying glasses and seperate plastic bugs into categories and into different containers as they roll play being scientists of bugs.
* BUG BITES GRAHAM CRACKERS - The children will enjoy eating the different bugs of graham crackers today. We will discuss the different bugs they see and which ones they like the best. What other bugs do they know of?Outside Play (AM 10:20-10:30..PM 1:50-2:00)
Closing Circle (AM 10:30-11:00..PM 2:00-2:30)
* The teacher will challenge the children to move like different bugs and insects (hop, crawl, fly, run, etc). What bugs and insects do you know of? Which ones do you like or not like? Why?
* Music and Movement - we'll have a six-legged race. Three children will hold hands (we'll count their legs together as a class) and race with another group of three to the spots marked.
* We'll learn more about the letter Cc again today and discuss different words and things that start with that letter!