MY SENSE OF SIGHT
Morning Circle (AM 9:00-9:30..PM 12:30-1:00)
1. Song Can
3. We'll learn about the letter Bb through song, movement, actions, and writing. We'll talk about words that begin with the letter Bb and more!!
4. We'll discuss things we saw on our way to school today and make a list as we go. We'll talk about things the children would miss out on if they were asleep or blindfolded.
5. Story - "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" by Bill Martin Jr.
* Creative Art: VISUAL PAINTING - Well, isn't all painting visual!! The children will be able to express theirselves while painting with colorful tempera paint.
* Messy Table: SORTING FISH - The messy table will be filled with lots and lots of plastic colored fish and some water. This will be a great visual, sensory experience for the children to look at the different fish and sort them.
* Cut and Color Table: MAGNIFIED PICTURES - The children will be encouraged to draw pictures while looking through a magnifying glass.
* Dramatic Play: OPTOMATRIST - The dramatic play area will be set up as an eye doctor's office. Complete with doctor coats, stethascopes, eye charts, eye scopes, etc! The children will enjoy roll playing getting their eye checked.
* COLORED GOLD FISH - Today we will eat colored goldfish and sort them into different colors. We'll talk about favorite colors, etc.
Outside Play (AM 10:20-10:30..PM 1:50-2:00)
* Story - "Take Another Look" by Tana Hoban
* We'll play 'Pin the Tail on the Donkey' and discuss how much harder it is to do things while not being able to see.
* We'll read 'Brown Bear, Brown Bear' one more time and then make our own book, "Preschooler, Preschooler, What Do you See?" The children will draw their pictures and the teacher will dictate for them. It will be fun to see our own class book made and have each child take their own copy home after it is bound.
* We'll learn more about the letter Bb again today and discuss different words and things that start with that letter!