1. Song Can
3. We'll learn about the letter Bb through song, movement, actions, and writing. We'll talk about words that begin with the letter Bb and more!!
4. We'll have fun tasting things as we explore different tastes. We'll pass around a plate of pickles and discuss how they taste. A plate of vanilla wafers, and discuss how they taste, and a plate of potato chips and discuss how they taste. We'll compare the different tastes and talk about how taste buds on our tongue distinguish tastes for us. We'll take a look at our own taste buds in mirrors.
* Creative Art: RECIPE DICTATIONS - The children can draw pictures of their favorite foods and the teacher will help them dicate the recipes of how they think it is made!
* Messy Table: WHEAT - What an interesting sensory experience - wheat!! Not only are they fun to feel, but we will discuss how it is ground and used to make flour for bread which we eat.
* Cut and Color Table: FAVORITE FOOD PICTURES - The children will be invited to use different collage materials to create their favorite foods to glue onto paper plates. The teacher will write what their favorite foods are.
* Dramatic Play: RESTAURANT - The Dramatic play area will be set up like a restaurant today and the children will be encouraged to roll play, prepared, serving, eating, and buying food at a restaurant. Complete with menu's, tablets to write down orders, a table with flowers and table cloth to give the feeling of a restaurant.
* PEANUT BUTTER PLAYDOUGH - We will get to make peanut butter playdough today to make, feel, and eat! Peanut butter playdough is so fun to experience because it's food you can actually play with AND eat!! Check out the recipe list to find the recipe!!
* We'll talk about each of our favorite foods and why we like them. What foods don't we like and why?
* Music and Movement - 'Make Myself Som Cookies' - from I Am Special by Thomas Moore
* We'll learn more about the letter Bb again today and discuss different words and things that start with that letter!